About the host company
The Swedish American Chamber of Commerce of Florida (SACC Florida) has the reputation of being a fast-moving and energetic chamber. SACC Florida has an extensive and impressive network which includes maritime, business accelerators, venture capitalists & private investors, CEOs and founders of industry leading companies, executive search firms, law firms, real estate, insurance, and communication agencies. In addition, we provide access to an international network of chambers of commerce and business associations.
What we do:
· We introduce and promote Swedish innovations, entrepreneurs, start-ups, and established companies.
· We help to link American and Swedish companies for mutually advantageous business opportunities.
· We provide crucial business services and links to business consultancies that deliver long-term results.
· We foster knowledge sharing and cultural exchange across borders.
· We are all inclusive, not exclusive.
As an intern at SACC Florida, you get the unique opportunity to be part of the cutting-edge setting that is Florida today. You will be able to expand your professional network, gain new experience and advance your skills by training in a highly inspirational atmosphere and by meeting and collaborating with industry leaders and professionals in a variety of business sectors. This is a once in a lifetime chance to gain a competitive edge — in Sweden and internationally — and to experience a part of the world that is changing history.
We are looking for two outgoing and ambitious interns who are passionate about economy, marketing, operations management, and event planning. Experience in WordPress, graphic design, accounting systems or communication is an advantage but not a requirement as well as previous international experience. The intern’s primary tasks will be to assist with general operations, marketing, accounting and event management.
Tasks and duties will include but are not limited to:
- Promoting the Chamber and Chamber events through marketing activities
- Update the Chamber databases
- Help providing general office administration
- Support our treasurer with Chamber financial management
- Organizing Chamber events, including coordinating volunteers for these
- Attending Chamber specific networking events
- Assisting in recruiting new Chamber members
- Assisting in membership program development
- Preparing board meetings
- Ensuring that the Chamber website is up to date
- Managing social media accounts
- Write and update procedures (office manual, etc.)
: While candidates are welcome to apply for multiple positions at SACC, it's important to highlight that accepting an offered position and subsequently accepting a second position at SACC is not allowed. Doing so will result in disqualification from both positions.
- Higher education within Business, Economics, Marketing, or Project management
- Related work or extracurricular experience
- Outgoing personality, salesmanship and initiative skills
- Leadership and teamwork skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills / conflict resolution skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills in Swedish and English
- Swedish citizenship or strong ties to Sweden (for U.S. visa)
- Drivers license
There is no monetary compensation for the intern, as SACC Florida is a non-profit organization. However, as an intern abroad you are entitled to apply for scholarships. Some Swedish students, depending on their university program, might also be eligible to receive student aid from CSN.